Copyright licensing organizations

Copyright Licensing Organizations manage permissions centrally on behalf of copyright owners in a particular field. They can license you permission to use a work for a fee. While these organizations represent the majority of copyright owners in a field, they may not represent all. If you’d like to use a work that is not licensed through one of these organizations, you must contact the copyright owner for permission.



If you want permission to publicly perform a song...

If you want to cover a song or reproduce and distribute a song...


If you want to show a film publicly...

If you want to reuse a film in a new work, contact the film studio’s licensing department directly.

Images of artwork

  • Artists Rights Society (ARS): Licenses on behalf of visual artists and their estates around the world.
  • VAGA: Licenses reproductions on behalf of visual artists for use by publishers, museums, advertisers, authors, television, and movie producers.

Religious Works