Open Data provides benefits to researchers, such as:
- Allowing greater access to data and opening possibilities to build upon and create new research from publicly accessible data.
- Enhancing the visibility of one's research.
- Working smarter and faster by sharing and analyzing data in real time.
- Allowing experiments to be reproduced and verified by anyone.
- Increasing researcher transparency and reducing academic fraud.
- Facilitating research across disciplines, and fostering collaborations.
- Maximizing data reuse by selecting formats for efficient data extraction.
- Ensuring compliance with funding agency mandates and journal publishing policies.