Open educational resources (OERs) are freely available online for anyone to use. Most creators share their OERs under Creative Commons Licenses, or similar licenses. These licenses let the creator keep copyright ownership while letting users copy, distribute, or remix the OERs for their own purpose. So OERs are both free to share and free to re-use.
- Learning activities
- Tests or quizzes
To see some examples in your subject area, check out Finding OERs for Your Class.
- Zero cost – OERs are free to access and reuse
- High impact – OERs are available worldwide
- Less duplication of effort – No need to write your textbook on the same subject
- Customization –You can mix, match, and customize OERs to the needs of your class
- Up-to-date content – OERs can be easily revised as new information arises