- Author Agreements & Book Contracts: Assistance reviewing author agreements and book contracts.
- Copyright Questions: Assistance with questions on many copyright issues, including fair use, classroom guidelines, how to obtain permissions for scholarly publications, and identifying copyright holders.
- Data Publishing: Assistance selecting an appropriate repository to deposit and share research data.
- Data Management Plans: Assistance preparing and reviewing data management or data sharing plans accompanying grant proposals to funding agencies such as the NSF, NEH and NIH, including institutional authentication to access the DMPTool for writing data management plans.
- Workshops: Specialized workshops tailored to a specific focus or topic available by request. For more information, please contact the Scholarly Communications Office at email@example.com.
- Dataverse at Emory: an open data repository for Emory researchers to publish their data. For more information, please see the Emory Dataverse page.
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs): An open access repository of Emory student theses and dissertations. We coordinate the ETD system and offer consultations on copyright issues pertaining to theses and dissertations, such as permissions and using previously copyrighted materials. Please contact us for more information.
- OpenEmory: An open access repository of Emory faculty works, journal articles, books, book chapters, conference papers, posters, presentations, and reports. Please contact us for assistance submitting your work to OpenEmory.
- Open Access Publishing Fund: Provides funds for Emory authors to publish in eligible open access (OA) journals and books when no alternative funding is available. Faculty and currently enrolled students who meet the eligibility criteria are all eligible to apply for funds.
- Research Data Distribution Fund: P
Need to talk to us one-on-on? Schedule a consultation.
The Scholarly Communications Office provides information about copyright and scholarly communications. The office does not provide legal advice. For legal advice, please consult the Office of General Counsel.
For questions about patents and the commercialization of intellectual property, please consult the Office of Technology Transfer.