Are you interested in joining the Scholarly Communications Office? We're hiring!
The ideal candidate for this position...
- Has experience successfully leading library service teams
- Recognizes the impact and importance of institutional repository services
- Knows how to navigate the academic landscape to effectively promote and advocate for services
- Is familiar with current trends in scholarly communications services
Our repositories are:
With five staff members, the Scholarly Communications Office provides a variety of services, including:
- Assistance with author agreements and book contracts,
- Copyright questions,
- Electronic theses and dissertations support,
- Open access publication fund,
- Permissions assistance, and
- Research data management.
The Scholarly Communications Office is in the Research, Engagement, and Scholarly Communications division of the library, which includes subject librarians in three subject teams (Area Studies, Humanities, and Science and Social Sciences), collection development, outreach and education, and scholarly communications. The Scholarly Communications Office provides services to the Emory community and works with colleagues in all of Emory's libraries.
- Our customers come first
- Our team meets biweekly
- Professional development is a shared resource
- We teach, learn from, and help each other
- We're all headed in the same direction
- We're flexible about our work
- Don't forget the baked goods
Candidates applying by May 28, 2018 will receive priority consideration.
Applications may be submitted as Word or PDF attachments and must include:
1) Cover letter of application describing qualifications and experience;
2) Current resume/vita detailing education and relevant experience; and
3) On a separate document list the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of 3 professional references including a current or previous supervisor.
We look forward to hearing from you!